BMW Australia has added a new rear-wheel-drive variant to its X3 range.
The 2018 X3 sDrive20i now becomes the entry-level model, kicking off at AU$65,900 plus on roads and options, the cheapest X3 you can buy.
What’s it got?
The new X3 sDrive20i has, as the name suggests, a 2.0-litre four-cylinder petrol motor, and being turbocharged it makes 135kW and a healthy 290Nm.
That’s backed up by the brilliant ZF eight-speed auto, and powers the rear wheels only.
BMW is holding back fuel economy and emissions figures until the car’s launch early next year, but we’ll update you when they are released.
Its standard spec sheet mirrors that of the all-wheel-drive X3 xDrive20d, with the xLine equipment package as standard.
Of course, you can also option an M Sport Package for an extra $3500.
For most folks based in Australia, it won’t matter that the X3 isn’t all-wheel drive, given the environment most of these cars are driving around in.
For customers who will be regularly driving in cold, wet conditions and the occasional snow drive, it makes sense to opt for all-wheel-drive, however if you’re running around the city, the sDrive X3 makes perfect sense.
X3 sDrive20i standard equipment
- Auto start-stop function
- 19-inch alloy wheels
- BMW Individual Exterior Line – Satinated Aluminium
- Cloth/leather upholstery
- Automatic tailgate
- Three-zone automatic air conditioning
- Sport leather multi-function steering wheel
- Through loading system with 40:20:40 second-row split
- Head-Up Display
- Speed Limit Info
- Navigation system business with 6.5-inch central display
- Natural voice control
- Automatic headlights
- Automatic wipers
- LED headlights with cornering lights and LED daytime running lights
- Driving Assistant with approach control warning, lane departure warning and lane change warning
- Parking Assistant with rear view camera and park distance control (including active rear)
- Wireless telephone charging
M Sport Package inclusions
- BMW Individual headliner in Anthracite
- BMW Individual high-gloss Shadow Line exterior trims
- Dynamic Damper Control
- Interior trim in Aluminium Rhombicle, with Pearl Chrome finishers
- LED fog lights
- M Aerodynamics Package
- M Leather steering wheel
- 19-inch BMW M light alloy wheels
- Steptronic transmission with gearshift paddles
- ‘Vernasca’ cloth/leather upholstery
2018 BMW X3 Pricing
X3 sDrive20i – $65,900
X3 xDrive20d – $68,900
X3 xDrive30i – $75,900
X3 xDrive30d – $83,900
Australian pricing – all plus on roads