Before the 2018 Jeep Wrangler has even been released, Mopar, FCA’s performance division, has announced that it will have over 200 performance parts for the forthcoming off-roader.
A press event at the SEMA show yesterday was the scene for an announcement, with select products being announced (which we’ve listed below), and Mopar says that over 100,000 hours of development, validation and testing has been carried out.
Jeep reckons that just about every Wrangler ends up with at least one Mopar product on it, hence the push to get folks interested before the 2018 Wrangler has even been launched.
“An iconic vehicle such as Jeep Wrangler deserves nothing but the best, which is why the Mopar and Jeep brands have developed a new set of product solutions to meet the unique lifestyles of Wrangler owners,” said Pietro Gorlier, Head of Parts and Service (Mopar), FCA. “From Jeep Performance Parts like winches and wheels to accessories such as bikini tops and tailgate tables, Mopar has incorporated input from Wrangler owners in bringing to the marketplace the most powerful, reliable and authentic lineup of accessories and performance parts available.”
In case you’re wondering, Mopar, comes from the words MOtor and PARts.
Below is a list of just some of the parts (and a description) that will be available for the new Wrangler.
- Roof rack: Marking the first time a Mopar roof rack is offered on a Wrangler vehicle, a variety of lifestyle cargo carriers, such as a bicycle, ski and snowboard carrier can mount to the roof rack for transporting gear and equipment
- JPP LED off-road lights: Military grade, 5-inch LED lights shine at approximately 4,080 lumens each, or owners can go bigger and brighter with 7-inch lights that pump out 8,000 lumens. JPP brackets are available to mount lights to the frame rails, winch guard or windshield
- Auxiliary switch bank: Create an organized central area for operating auxiliary accessories, such as JPP off-road lights
- Tailgate table: Conveniently flips out to form a handy utility space and beverage holder
- 2-inch lift kit: Delivers additional off-road clearance, accommodates oversize tyres and adds an aggressive appearance
- Bikini tops: Mopar mesh and solid bikini tops deliver factory-engineered and UV-tested protection from the sun when the hardtop is removed
- JPP unique rock rails: Unique, heavy-gauge steel JPP rock rails are thicker and wider to protect the exterior and utilise the same coating used on Ram Truck bedliners to give a non-slip finish
- Screen protector: Another first-ever Mopar product offered for the new Wrangler that protects and even enhances visibility of Uconnect systems, available for 7- and 8.4-inch displays
- JPP beadlock-capable wheels: Aluminum 17-inch beadlock-capable wheels feature 12 mm offset to accommodate oversize tyres and help negotiate off-road terrain. Additional off-road wheel options are available in silver, black and a special “gear” design inspired by the JPP logo
- Mopar Warn winch: Mopar winches offer sealed, water-resistant, die cast construction and include wired remote control and hawse fairlead
- Molded cargo tray: Doubles the surface area of previous Mopar cargo trays by extending to the back of the rear seat to provide additional protection
- Wrangler Rubicon off-road bumper: The steel Rubicon off-road bumper protects the modern and renowned Wrangler profile
- Vehicle graphics: New Mopar hood graphics (for Wrangler Sport) include a 1941 design marking the Jeep brand’s birth and an American-flag-themed option. Bodyside graphics for all trim levels include a subtle 1941 stripe and a Moab-inspired off-road silhouette
- Tyre covers: Available in a wide selection of revamped styles, including Jeep logo, camo and American flag designs, and redeveloped to accommodate the rearview camera
- Grab handles: New Mopar grab handles are now hard-secured with fasteners to the sport bars, offering increased grip
- Fuel doors: Available in brushed aluminum and satin black finish, and redesigned to standout by incorporating styling cues of the all-new Wrangler
- All-weather floor mats: Durable, all-weather mats fit like a glove and feature a new graphic design inspired by the rugged Moab trails
- RV towing wire harness: The new harness integrates directly with the Wrangler, eliminates excess wires and lights and connects to the vehicle lights for turning and braking while being towed